'Where Quality Matters'
Our Terms and Conditions
1. Warranty: Eco Energy & Solar Solutions (EESS) provides a 5 year retailers warranty on the operation and performance of the whole solar PV system, including workmanship and products.
2. Payment Terms: Once your deposit is paid, EESS will begin committing resources to your project to install your system. You agree to the following payment terms:
a. We require 10% deposit of the full system price on acceptance of proposal.
b. A 40% progress payment of the full system price is required one month after acceptance of proposal to assist with purchasing of equipment.
c. Final payment is due 7 days from completion of install.
3. Grid Connection: The connection of your solar system to the electrical distribution grid is outside the control of EESS. As such you agree that timely payment of our invoices is not dependent on your system being connected to the grid. We will ensure that your solar system is of an appropriate standard and grid-connect ready. Our obligations to you has been fulfilled when your system has been installed at the agreed location, connected to the inverter and is ready for grid connection by your Energy Retailer. Please contact your energy retailer to discuss impact of installing solar on your current electricity rates.
4. Preferred Payment: EESS accepts a number of payment methods: – Direct Deposit to EESS – St George Bank, BSB No. 112-879 Acc No: 465958753. Please include as your reference – Surname, initial and order number. – Cheques/ Money Orders payable to EESS can be posted to 1009 Armidale Road, Nemingha NSW 2340..
5. Discounts and Incentives: Your system price may be reduced due to various factors. For example, the Federal Government Renewable Energy Target, and some States and Territories provide assistance such as solar energy buyback schemes. These incentives are subject to change at any time, and whilst EESS will endeavour to explain these Schemes to you, it cannot be held responsible for changes that may affect the price of your system. Your Point of Sale discount may include your assigning of Certificates created under the Renewable Energy Target, as follows: a. The Small-scale Technology Certificate (STC) price used to calculate your point of sale discount is shown on the Estimate, but we reserve the right to alter your discount if the market price varies substantially. b. If you assign your STCs to EESS, your solar system installed price includes the appropriate Solar Credits & STC- based discount, and: • we will return the Certificate value to you as a point of sale discount. • you agree to sign the necessary STC assignment forms following the installation of your system and return them to us on the day of installation or within three working days thereof. c. You can choose to forego the STC point of sale discount and submit your STC’s to the Clearing House to be traded at $40, however there is no guarantee of trade timeframe or trade price. Further information can be found here http://www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/OSR/REC/STC-clearing-house.
6. Your estimate will be valid for 4 weeks.
7. Cancellation of Order: a. The customer may at any time within a 10 day cooling off period after signing our customer acceptance form, cancel your order and receive a full refund of any monies paid. If you wish to terminate the agreement after the 10 day cooling off period EESS will withhold only that which is required to offset the actual costs incurred in preparing for installation. b. EESS will provide a full refund to the customer upon request when: • The final system design provided by EESS is significantly different to that quoted at the point of contract and is not signed off by the customer. • The site specific full system design and performance estimate is provided as a deliverable of the contract and: o This information is not provided before the expiry of the cooling off period, and o The customer does not consent to this information upon receiving it.
• The estimated delivery timeframe for installation completion that was agreed upon the point of contract is not honoured, for reasons within EESS control, and the customer does not consent to a revised timeframe. • EESS acting on behalf of the customer to obtain grid connection approval does not do so prior to installation, and the customer does not receive approval from the distributor to connect the system. • Extra chargeable work arises, which was not specified in the initial contract, and the additional costs are not borne by EESS and the customer does not consent to these additional costs.
8. Your Estimate: You understand that the estimated cost of your proposed system is based on information gained by EESS product advisors during the initial installation site visit. The following should be noted: a. The price of imported components of your system are subject to exchange rate fluctuations. For the purpose of generating your estimate prices have been assumed as remaining stable until installation. b. EESS reserves the right to alter your component pricing PRIOR to payment of a deposit, and subject to your signing a variation. c. All prices include GST. d. While we endeavour to provide accurate estimates of system performance there are many variables such as, weather, grid voltages, shading, access to grid (black outs), etc. that will affect individual system performance. EESS provides estimates only and we not liable for variances from the estimates
9. Final Price: Final confirmation of the price of the system supplied by EESS will occur on the day of installation. Any unforeseen costs or refunds resulting from the installation will be agreed with you in writing, as a Variation. We will forward a statement of adjustments reflecting this, after installation, and will provide a revised Final Invoice if necessary. Should our installers decide that changes to the materials and/or method of installation are required, they will be discussed with you and agreed before site work commences.
10. Extra costs: Your Estimate includes all costs assessed as accurately as possible, but further costs may be identified during a pre-installation site visit, on the day of installation by our electrician (e.g. faulty wiring or asbestos) or during the Occupational Health and Safety review (e.g. working at unusual heights, inadequate site access) and technical desk audit process (suitability of your installation site and aspect for the type of system you have paid a deposit on). EESS will not start work until you have agreed to any extra costs we identify, by signing a variation consent form.
11. Additional Costs: In some cases, customer installation sites may require appropriate electrical upgrades (e.g. to a meter box, a new meter, underground cabling). This work is outside of EESS normal responsibility but can be undertaken by EESS for an additional cost (and is subject to an additional estimate). If you engage an external third party to undertake this work, all expenses related to such electrical work should be paid directly to the party undertaking the work, and EESS will not be responsible for any associated expense, quality, adequacy or completion disputes. According to the installation address, the following should be noted: a. Once we have completed your installation, your Energy Retailer will need to install your new electricity meter. The estimated lead time is 6 weeks after your solar system is installed until your retailer will change your meter. The customer is responsible for ordering the meter directly from the customers Energy Retailer. b. Any equipment upgrades must be conducted by a licensed electrician.
12. Timely Installation: EESS will make every reasonable effort to install your system in a timely manner. However, we will not be bound to meeting estimated or proposed delivery, installation or system completion dates due to circumstances out of our control such as, world-wide materials availability, peaks in demand created by changes in government legislation, inclement weather and/or other forms of force majeure. Delayed installation or grid connection is not a valid reason for claiming a refund or compensation from EESS.
13. System Capacity: System descriptions within the industry utilise nominal output capacities, and actual product may vary slightly from the broad descriptor e.g. a “3kW system” may have an actual rated capacity of say 2.9kW or 3.1kW. The system we supply may not be the exact capacity noted in your Estimate, but will fall within the nominal descriptor range. We reserve the right to change product and system specifications without notice, but guarantee that replacements will be of an equal or superior quality and capacity. Items will not be substituted without prior agreement from the customer.
14. Delivery and Storage: We may deliver your system materials to your installation site prior to the day of
installation and/or require storage of system materials at your installation site overnight if the installation takes longer than one day. It is your responsibility to safeguard all delivered materials in a secure and dry location.
15. Title to components (“All Monies”): Title to the system does not pass from us until your Final Payment has been received in full.
16. Site Access: You agree that our representatives will have safe access to the installation site for the purposes of delivery and installation. EESS reserves the right to enter your property to recover any of its property, including unpaid goods. (“Avoiding Trespass”)
17. Information, Privacy and Legislation: You will provide us with any information required by us to apply for any grant, rebate or other benefit which you may be entitled to receive, and you authorise us to apply for credit information about you, should we require it. The information collected by us may include “personal information” within the meaning of the Privacy Act 1988.
18. NSW Home Warranty Insurance: If the overall (gross) cost of your system exceeds $20,000, the NSW Department of Fair Trading requires us to take out compulsory Home Warranty Insurance for your installation. The cost will be itemised on your Estimate and Invoice. Please note that this is not a EESS surcharge.
19. EESS is a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer and we comply with the Clean Energy Council Solar Retailer Code of Conduct..